Tuesday, March 4, 2014

South PiNanays' My Super Yaya Seminar

It was one scorching Saturday and I'm 30 minutes late already. I needed to finish and settle a business meeting first with a couple of wedding clients before we could move on to the establishment next door. As soon as we were done, we hurriedly went to McDonald's under the glaring sun to attend a seminar. The My Super Yaya Seminar spearheaded by the founder of South PiNanays (SPiN), mommy Nina, was already taking place. I checked my BlackBerry, 3 Viber messages, 1 on WeChat, 2 text messages and 1 missed call. Oh dear... As soon as we stepped foot at the second floor, my dear husband was baffled in awe. There were a lot of moms and babies everywhere! Oh this is fun, I thought. He'd have a glimpse of what makes me happy lately, having newfound mommy friends and a new mommy-social life finally! Before we could settle in, I heard my name out loud. Somewhere in the crowd shouted my name asking if I have brought with me some of our MommyBakes Lactation Cookies. Uh oh! That I forgot since I only baked Hershey's cupcakes the night before meant for the food tasting with the wedding clients. It's a good thing I thought of baking some extras to share with the mommies. Lifesaver. I honestly didn't know where to start and who to mingle with first, there was such a gaggle of lovely moms chatting here and there, babies giggling and babbling and dads lounging around. I could almost feel my claustrophobia kicking in so I freshened up first in the loo before mingling with the mommies and other babies.
My Super Yaya Seminar's poster

The seminar has already started before we even got there, and how I wish we had a yaya to register who could take part in the event and learn several useful information she could make use of. Though we, mommies, are not allowed inside the conference room where the seminar was being held, we are all confident that the talk would bear positive results. One may ask, why should we send our yayas to such seminars? Why spend extra when they should already know what their job is all about? The answer is simple. INVESTMENT. Most households, if not all, who have yayas/nannies are households of working moms and dads. Other moms who are considered as SAHMs or WAHMs may or may not have yayas, unless they truly practice being a hands on mom. Why investment? More often than not, we hire nannies to have someone help around the house and also to take care and tend for our children while we are away at work or are busy. We leave and entrust our most treasured possessions in the care of our household angels, our children. Having nannies around allows us to tend to other important things. Having said so, it is just imperative that we make sure our children are getting the proper care they deserve and need. Our children need to have people who knows and can give what they really need. Apart from us, as their parents, they also need someone who could help guide them properly in our daily short absence while we work. So why not invest in something that will beneficial to both employer and employee, right? After all, our little ones deserve only the best, and thus such investment is important. The seminar was all about how yayas or nannies can effectively broaden their knowledge and skills in caring for our precious children. It involved informational discussions and hands on activities on how to properly care for newborns and toddlers, basic knowledge in first aid training, personal grooming, hygiene and personality development and nutritional diet/feeding for children. One more important topics discussed was how to handle scammers, opportunists and other people involved in modus operandi that pose as threats to our household. We all know how dangerous other people can be nowadays, they will grab every chance they can at helpless individuals. Including such topic in the seminar was timely and very handy. Arming our nannies with the proper knowledge to help protect our household and children may not be the highlight of the seminar, but it is one of the most useful topics everybody could benefit from.
South PiNanays mommies
(L-R) SweetSheryl & baby Ria, Me & baby Kollin, Nina, Lisa & baby Jacob, A-Khei & baby Leica,
Jerelou & baby Joaquin , Kring & baby Yeunel, and  Dea & baby Audrey
The Glow of Motherhood suits  Mommy Marge perfectly

Mother's heart beats as one with her child, Mommy Lulai and the pretty little Ria

Legs, legs, and more legs of breastfed babies 
While the yayas were inside the conference room participating in the seminar, the lovely mommies and doting dads were in another area catching up and getting to know some of the new members of the SPiN group. As we wait for the seminar to finish, we busied ourselves in our own happy bubble. Some were chatting with fellow mommies, others can be seen nourishing their little ones through breast feeding, learning more about babywearing, attached parenting, baby led weaning and others discussing about the thrills and adventures of cloth diapering. There were truly a lot of us in there and it was hard to decide who to talk to first or what to do. So busy we all were that we forgot to have a full group photo shoot. If not for the urging of mommy Lulai's jolly husband, we wouldn't have remembered to do so. Good thing he was there eagerly taking photos around while all mommies were oh so busy with their own businesses. If not for him, SPiN wouldn't have these lovely photo remembrances from this successful event.
Baby wearing 101 w/ Mommy Lulai and Mommy Tin using a K'tan

Peek-a-boo w/ my baby Kollin (daddy went overboard w/ the grease on his hair hehe)

My dear husband baby wearing Kollin
Gotcha! Caught a
midst yawning (was so tired baking the night before)

Little ladies catching up w/ the latest gossips :)

Our very own lovely Mommy Nina, the founder of SPiN and event  head
 of the My Super Yaya Seminar
  

Why hello there gorgeous! 

Who says a mother can't be fab and chic in the simplest ways?

I'm so sorry, just can't get enough of her cuteness :)

Motherhood brings out the best in a woman, her smiles sweeter, her laughters resounding,

her  love unconditional 

Beautiful moms catching up,
SP
iN brings moms together and builds a family who share the same values

Supportive Daddy Photographers Daddy Jay Suan and Daddy Aldrin Valencerina

Baby wearing made effortlessly chic and fun by Mommy Tin

It was only my second time to attend a SPiN's mommy meet up. Though I'm still considered new to the group, I am glad to have found new friends within the community and meet other moms from the South. The mommies I first met in the group are really nice, warm and helpful. They made me feel accepted even if they barely knew me and even helped me and baby Kollin out when we had take a weeklong break from breast feeding when I fell ill. Yes, they were there for us, helping complete strangers without asking for anything in return. These moms are angels and I'm thankful for them. Thanks to SPiN too, not only I gain knowledge, support and friends from the group, it also allowed me to have that elusive social life when one's already a mom. Barely 3 months old in the group, I'd say I have found a happy place closer to home. Thank you SPiN mommies! Mwah mwah!

My first SPiN's mommy meet up :)

To mommies Patricia, Nina, Kat, Marge, Shine, Lulai, Christine, Janice, Pinky, A-Khei, Kring and Dea, thank you ladies for making me feel at home

My first SPiN's mommy meet up :)

The Super Yayas w/ their certificates :) 

All photos in this article are courtesy of Ingente- Valencerina Photography
follow them at  
http://ivphoto.weebly.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment